View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #29
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Percentage read is probably the best way to go, but for many I suspect it is so "unbooklike" as to offend a significant segment. Personally, other than being able to refer back to something I'd just be happy with what chapter I'm in most of the time.
"Unbooklike" is correct. I only realised I had sort of converted to percentage during one of the recent discussions on this. The Kobo readers show it enough that it eventually takes hold.
Quote:
Didn't think I was even close as to the particulars of annotation math, I was just pointing out a possible method and that it had to be independent of font size and page constraints. So you're saying that annotations must also track which files they refer to or be stored as part of the files, as well as how many paragraphs and words in from the top of file they are. Reasonable enough.
That's about it. The annotations are stored outside the books. For epubs it is in the database and a separate file that ADE creates. An example is "OEBPS/Text/chapter015.html#point(/1/4/2/2/2/1:0)". Not a great example as it points to the start of the chapter and it is actually the current reading rather than a bookmark. This format is ADE's. EPUB 3 CFI spec is similar. The calibre viewer uses a method that is similar to epub3.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote