View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #17
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So if I was to put a version of Charis SIL that I called Times New Roman in the fonts directory, would it work? All this Kindle has installed is USE_ALT_FONT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
It should, let me test that to be sure.
Ok, works just fine. This is a screenshot of a font-locked book that assigns Times New Roman in its stylesheet. I made a copy of Seagram and assigned this to it: family: Times New Roman, style: Regular, name: Times New Roman Regular.

After restart and opening the book, it needed to set to the new Times New Roman font once, and after that it was locked in the new as seen in the screenshot. Note that the font is changed to Palatino, but locked to the newly created Times New Roman.

Update: Very interesting side-note. The Book that I used, even though assigns Times New Roman in its stylesheet, it does NOT default to and lock into Caecilia Regular, but to a san-serif font. Creating fake Times New Roman did change the font it finally ends up beeing locked into. My example from earlier about defaulting to Caecilia Regular only applies to situations where a non-font-locked book is concerned.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	timesnewroman.png
Views:	132
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	101688  

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 02-21-2013 at 09:43 PM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote