View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Mostly what VyderScope said, but also: I wouldn't panic too much about keywords inside the ebook metadata. Despite all the blog articles saying how important the ebook metadata is, as far as I can tell very few places use the ebook metadata in any consistent manner*. The keywords you need to worry about are those on your website/blog and any keyword fields offered by your distributors.

* Probably because the "standard" is only standard about the highly technical bits, and ignore all the truly useful and practical aspects - like how to implement formatting for descriptions etc.
Thanks gmw. Yeah, I really had no idea about the meta keyword stuff. Thanks for getting rid of that ghost for me. And I get that I'll have to do the keywords in the keyword fields in the distributors, but how am I going to have the keywords in my blog (no website yet)? The novel I've got coming out is Man of God, and the name of my blog is The Underdog's Corner. Won't be getting too many matches there I suppose. (lol) But how do I get it so I get some matches?
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote