View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 05:34 PM   #59
Blossom
Grand Sorcerer
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW/K4B/K4S/K3+3G KF1/KFHD2/N7.2/SGP 4.2 SGP 5.0/LG Vortex
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
oh, drat - I'm trying to insert the English cover to Captain Vorpatril's Alliance, and I can't seem to get the picture into the post. I like it much better than either of the Baen covers.
Speaking of covers. Mary Balogh who we know to publish traditional Regency romances has been fighting with her publisher on the cover of a paperback release of The Proposal. Her books covers usually feature a lady in a dress. Very pretty and tasteful.

The new cover is a guy taking his shirt off. She finally gave in. I don't think she should of. Almost all comments from her fans said they hated the cover as it misrepresented her writing and story style. I found the cover to be ordinary and would pass it right by.

If you have Facebook you can scroll through her timelime and see the cover and the original cover that should of been used.

So it's marketing to blame for these man titty covers. Majority of romance readers prefer tasteful covers. I like the ones with couples on it in romantic poses. One of my favorites is this one here
Blossom is online now   Reply With Quote