View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #496
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G, iPad 3, iPad Air
@Swallmark

It all comes down to which edition you have linked to. The linking itself will have been done either by using the Goodreads metadata plugin if you use that, or by linking from the book isbn. You can switch edition using one of the menu options in this plugin, then add to your shelf.

@All

There are some suggestions I will look into when I next revisit this plugin. However I did get my first email from Goodreads support warning that several users have had their ip addresses blocked due to overloading the api threshold with calls. I am still waiting for further details from them to allow identifying which feature they were using and figure out what to do about it. My guess is that they have or were attempting to put very large amounts of books on shelves in some way, but exactly how many and how reasonable their intentions were etc. I do not know.

So please do remember all my warnings about this in the first post of this thread, and don't abuse this plugin, it is being monitored. When I know from their tech guys exactly which feature is causing this issue, either i will have to make that feature get throttled in some way to make it run slower or less likely perhaps they will add some new api calls to make sure there is less involved with it. Until this all gets resolved I won't be making any other changes to this plugin to make sure to not worsen the issue.

If you are one of those users who got their IP blocked, please post or PM me with any details of what you were trying to do, how many books involved etc. I want to fix or workaround the issue so this plugin does not get completely blocked for everyone.

Last edited by kiwidude; 02-21-2013 at 03:22 PM.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote