View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #1
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350: 3 Silver, 2 Blue!; Kobo Glo
Removing periods from author names

I've gone through all the posts I could find about it here, but I'm not having any luck doing this.

When adding a book to Calibre, I'd like Casual Vacancy by J. K. Rowling for instance to be shown as:
Title: Casual Vacancy
Author: J K Rowling

I'm assuming (maybe incorrectly) that the place to do this is in Adding Books in the Regular Expression box. What's there right now is:
(?P<title>.+) - (?P<author>[^_]+)

What I could also live with, and might even be preferable, is when sending a book to my device that it drops the periods, but trying to set that in a metadata plugboard hasn't been working for me either. I found a thread that said to use {authors:re(\.,)} in the plugboard template, but it keeps showing as J. K. Rowling.

Help! I fail miserably at regular expressions for this stuff and usually have to look up my reference notes everytime I use them, but in this case, I just can't get either method to work.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote