View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #18
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineStewart View Post
It makes perfect sense to me. I don't need page numbers for any referencing other than to tell me how many more pages *I* have left to read at my font size settings. Don't really care how many pages "the book" has but for me I'd like to know how many page turns I have left. But that's just me.
And given that even in print books, the page number vary all over the place -- hard cover, paperback, large print, 1st, 2nd, however many editions-- they are useless for most purposes anyways. "Sir, page 427 in my copy of Whosit and Whatsit's Introduction to Chordate Anatomy does not mention notochords" as a real life example from a few years back.

Generally, I just use the % read as my guide to how much is left in an ebook.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote