View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
If you ignore the narration blunders like Strachan knowing too much about things he'd never know about, then the story sort of works. But it just seems a bit much at times. Also, when Strachan didn't tell Joe about Jean on her way to go see him, that was just mean and cruel. It's at that point, I lost any respect for Strachan.

I did like the story in Malaya. That was good. But it got a bit fanciful when it got to OZ and we had Jean basically building a town. The romance was silly. When they met in OZ, it wasn't romantic. It came off more like a business deal. If I can get he town going, we'll get married. otherwise, I'll go home. That's not love. That's a business deal.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote