View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #31
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
OT: I did not know anything about Prop 65, but sounds to me like the State of California is looking out for its consumers: you can't change your habits if informatiom is being withheld from you. Too bad RI doesn't give a crap about us!
While I agree in principle, there's is a happy medium, and California is nowhere near it. When you get too ridiculous with warnings about everything - a strict interpretation of Prop 65 would literally require a warning about the air, you get so overloaded that all warnings become meaningless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
In RI, we don't even get all the information about medication! While in Europe we get a huge sheet of paper with very, very, very fine print (read: all the information that comes with the medication), in RI they give you a business sized piece of photocopied paper with the one or two paragraphs the State requires them to inform you about. It's disgusting.
You do, at least, have the internet. Google is the sum of all human knowledge. It's a lot easier to do a little research and get info that'sm issing than to dig through a mountain of useless info for what matters.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote