View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 05:31 AM   #33
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
All I'm saying is that calling the developers stupid for a possible side-effect of a change that they reasonably don't expect anyone to make manually is not fair. Even if there was a "change timezone setting" menu item and it caused problems with the sync then that would be a bug but even then I personally wouldn't call the developers stupid.
To be fair I didn't read murg's post as calling them stupid - changing the locale (a presentation setting in Linux) doesn't alter the internal representation of the date so shouldn't cause a problem with synchronisation.

If it did then the developers must have gone to extreme lengths to change the internal date representation into a non-standard form which they used for synchronisation. I would agree that that would have been a odd step to take as it would need much unnecessary coding but as as they didn't then I don't see an issue. I can think of many examples of what would have been a stupid decision by the developers that they haven't taken, that doesn't mean I think they ARE stupid, just the opposite.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote