View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 02:00 AM   #648
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
More experimentation.

Lessons learned:
-KPW has a deep, dark, secret. It modifies the built-in fonts with stylesheets and messes with the line gap.
-KPW will not display custom kerning on custom fonts in AWZ3 formatted books.
-It is a PITA to fiddle repeatedly with individual glyph spacing to improvise what kerning would do more elegantly

I have taken the extracted Caecilia fonts, added weight to them, auto-spaced the glyphs, and then modified individual glyph spacing (ie. w, v, m, n, r, i, f, y) to produce improved fonts for my reading preferences.
Having fun are we? I'm not a fan of Caecilia which is why I use Amasis. It's a slab serif font but much nicer to read with.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote