Thread: Troubleshooting Indexing is truly vexing ...
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 10:43 PM   #57
Lutraa
Well Read
Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, K4B, Nook HD+, Galaxy S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
Clearly hundreds of books at one time was too much. But sometimes also 20-30 books were a problem. A number of times I was able to go on just restarting the Kindle. For some reasons, ebooks which were stuck for 3-4 hours, after a restart were cleared quickly.
Why this happens, I haven' t the foggiest idea.
Hope this practical suggestion can help.
Although we may think of our devices as tablet computers, they're not. They simply don't have the processing power of a true computer. They are file storage and display devices that struggle to compile large relational databases like indexes of hundreds of books from scratch.

I rely on my laptop and Calibre to organize and index my ebook library, not my reading devices. And if Intuit develops TurboTax "K," I'm not buying!
Lutraa is offline   Reply With Quote