Thread: Troubleshooting DXG battery life
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
DXG battery life

Hi, I'm out of ideas and looking for some.
My battery life is down to about 3 days.

Wireless is off.
I've reset to factory,
re-added my books and the .json file,
let it index over 1,000 books - none are stuck (yes 1,000 is a lot, there's still over 2Gb free)
deleted all collections with more than a dozen books in them, made new collections with new names, and added the books to them
no change.

I can put it down in the morning with 3/4 charge and be almost out when I wake it in the evening.

I'm left with replacing the battery - they're cheap enough, but I'm loath to do it without being fairly sure that it will do the job.

Oh, it's 2 1/2 years old and I've read about 500 assorted books & short stories on it.

Any ideas before I buy a battery please?

eBay seems to have a lot of DX battery sellers, but all the batteries look the same, so I'd just buy the cheapest - unless anyone thinks that's not the best idea (I'm in the UK BTW).

Thanks for reading.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote