View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #12
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Hm. Well, I bought it, and I'm a few chapters in. The conclusion I have come to so far is that I don't read like a writer. I assume I read like a reader. I lose myself in the story, which is presumably what the writer wants me to do.

Of course, if it's a good book I've picked up, I will read it again, and again, and again, and will gain a little more each time, but I'm too eager to get to the dénuément (sp?) to take it one word at a time.

The thought that springs to mind is not seeing the wood for the trees.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote