View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 04:59 AM   #20
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Indeed. I recently got a windows 8 laptop at work and the first thing I did was to install classic shell before I lost my sanity with the tiles. I don't understand why every single app has to be full screen, I have a 27" monitor which fits quite a few windows, and I like having quick access to my open apps via the status bar. Baffles me the choices Microsoft made, they force a tablet UI on our desktops.
I, foolishly, had a go with one of beta versions of Win 8 - and the Forums were scathing about its design etc. Unsurprisingly it seems MS ignored all the comments on the Forums !

I too, love onenote, though to be honest I tend not to use it any more, in favour of Scrivener - moving between laptop and PC - but onenote does allow sync.....

Like many things in life, one learns to adjust to the idiosyncracies of software design, but Win8 is a step too far.

Mind, XP was good, Vista not, Win7 good, Win 8 not - so maybe Win 9? (Noticed my local Infirmary still uses XP Professional!)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote