View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 03:18 AM   #8
tsolignani
Connoisseur
tsolignani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'tsolignani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'tsolignani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'tsolignani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'tsolignani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'tsolignani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'tsolignani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'tsolignani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'tsolignani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'tsolignani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'tsolignani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad
I usually use Google Drive instead of Dropbox and similar ones to keep my files in sync amongst several machines, but I know drive does not work well with calibre due to the book ID (which drive reads as a duplicate mark - anyway google drive is #crapware, now I cannot trash it for I have many work documents into that, but I would not suggest anyone to start using it, right now). Anyway, this way I should install another sync-client and that's not a think I like the most.

What's more, I wonder what would happen if I kept 2 istances of Calibre open in 2 different machines (I can forget to shut one down, for example): is the sync not going to get messed up? What files does sugarsync (or dropbox, whatever) exactly sync? Just the books of even the database? If I am not wrong, the calibre library is made of several directory with book and a special file which is a SQlite database, what happens when there are 2 conflicting version of the database?

I am not sure I would like syncing calibre with a sync client, it sound much like a workaround, I guess a sync server would be much better.

–
cordialmente,
[Promotion deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-07-2014 at 11:06 AM.
tsolignani is offline   Reply With Quote