View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #15684
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
to that! I put off reading The Hunger Games for quite a while because I didn't think that I'd like it, and then when I did read it I immediately followed it with Catching Fire and Mockingjay. I really enjoyed reading all 3 of them a lot!

I was motivated to read them because one of my twins will begin reading it next week with his reading group in class. The other twin has decided to read it just because. I'm concerned that it might be too violent for 4th graders, but I really don't want to interrupt any class assignments, and they both want to read it. Plus, I can't say yes to one twin because its for school and then say no to the other, who may actually be reading similar books for her class as well.

Its a bit frustrating having young, highly intelligent kids, as reading level and maturity level easily become misaligned.

As for Catching Fire, hubby has read the entire trilogy and he suggested I take the break in between. He doesn't think I'll like this one. He's already said "no" to the twins reading books 2 or 3 at this time.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote