View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #199
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post
Is it wrong when I go to a bookstore, scan a ISBN with my phone to get Amazon reviews, and then buy from the bookstore?
Good question.

It's easy for me to answer just as asked: I am a partial owner of Amazon through my pension plan (S&P 500 component). And I am an Amazon customer. So no ethical problem.

But what if we changed the hypothetical so that I stopped being a customer, and, on top of that, Jeff Bozos took Amazon private?

And on top of that, let's say that they stopped the worthless-to-me practice of hosting anonymous reviews and instead linked to professional signed book reviews at sites like nybooks.com?*

Then it would be tempting to me to take Bezos's machine cycles with no possibility of him profiting from it.

I think it would be a worse to put wear and tear on the carpets of a Mom and Pa store than to take the machine cycles of a billionaire. But I'm a little uncomfortable saying that, because billionaires are human too.