Thread: Troubleshooting Indexing is truly vexing ...
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #46
brudigia
Addict
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD Air, Kindle PW2 3G, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
I'm still having this problem with indexing. Namely that it stops at a "problem" book and won't continue. I've tried loading a few at a time but it's particular books not the amount that cause the problem.

Trouble is I haven't found a way to identify which books cause the problem so I'm left with the task of adding one book at a time and checking whether it indexes ok. I haven't got time to do that.

So I live with it - which is a shame because I actually find the search one of the most useful parts of having an ereader.
I had the same problem, that is why I started the thread. But I have not been able to understand what caused the problem. Clearly hundreds of books at one time was too much. But sometimes also 20-30 books were a problem. A number of times I was able to go on just restarting the Kindle. For some reasons, ebooks which were stuck for 3-4 hours, after a restart were cleared quickly.
Why this happens, I haven' t the foggiest idea.
Hope this practical suggestion can help.
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote