View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #191
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Quote:
What is wrong, is taking advantage of the knowledge and expertise of a shop & it's staff with no intention of purchasing the product from them.
I worked at Borders during its last months. We werren't supposed to use our "knowledge and expertis" in making recommendations. We had a book each week we were supposed to push, and people could get fired for not hand-selling enough of that week's bookl (the only two I liked were The Lost City of Z, which I found fascinating, and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.)

So, if a guy came in for action/adventure, push Guernesy Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, if that was the book of the week. Some woman comes in asking for urban fantasy, gotta push Lost City. It didn't matter what the customer wanted, gotta push the book of the week (most of which were chick lit).

This kinda soured me on asking the waiter what's good tonight, or the electonic salesman which of two thingies is better.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote