View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 05:43 AM   #23651
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
After dinner Ceylon Uva, and a Pepperidge Farm 'Nantucket' cookie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Depends on what you are buying big fella' bwahahaha!
Jeez! I haven't heard that one since my last 48 hr pass!

Quote:
In all seriousness, there are some Canadian/US brokers, Mexican/US brokers, and Malaysian/US brokers (!!!!????) I could find out what it might take to license there *gulp* I'm certain there will be a test on ancestors, or dragons or something
I did a concentration in International Marketing for one of my Masters, focusing on Japan (and this was before I even had any thoughts of moving here... foreshadow, foreshadow.) One of the LAST things you want to try figuring out is Japanese business law. As it is a requirement to make 'Full Disclosure' when selling a home or business property, a special license is required to be permitted to give the 'Full Disclosure.' Therefore, it is now illegal for a private party (unlicensed) to sell his own property! We are required by law to have a real estate agent handle the transaction, even if I want to sell to my sister! (Which is OK 'cuz I don't have a sister, but you get the idea.) In Japan, house value goes down relative to the distance to the nearest large train station. The fact that our condo is in a lovely neighborhood that gets ZERO pass-through traffic, is bordered by a bamboo forest with a Zen temple actually reduces the value of the house. We have to take a bus for 15 minutes to get to a large train station, and despite the fact that the bus stop is just around the corner, and the bus runs every 15 minutes (like clockwork) this too lowers the value. We had two different agents come over this afternoon to try to get us to contract with them. Both came in at the same price for the condo, which is good, and neither suggested that we need to do more than normal 'reform' (change the tatami mats in the bedroom and living room, scrub the walls, etc.) we are trying to figure which to go with. In Japan, both buyer and seller pay the agents, and one offered us a slightly lower rate. My wife is presently checking with the stars to see which we should go with...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote