I 've just installed firmware 2.4 on my Kobo Glo and using it for an hour or so. So far everything seems to run smoothly. Still there are some options I dearly miss in the current software version:
1. Library Navigation: In firmware 2.1.5 one could open an epub from a shelve, read some pages and return to that same shelve in the same position with 1 click! Somehow this function is removed and now you have to navigate through the main screen to the shelves menu, choose a shelve and search for the same position you were in. That's too complicated. If you have to switch between a lot of epubs for research or for other reasons you'll have a hard time doing so. Please, bring this function back. One way to do it is to change the upper left Home button into a drop-down menu with navigation options: main screen, shelves, etc.
2. Epub Navigation: Move that tiny horizontal navigation bar on the bottom of the screen to the right: a vertical slider from top to bottom, from the beginning of the book to the end. It represents a more natural way of searching and it will give the user more room to navigate. If that bar could come with chapter markers it would be an even more useful tool to navigate within a book.
3. Annotations: It's great that we can make them but we need some simple ways to get 'm out of the device. Not only for kepubs but for epubs too! Even a simple save to a txt file would be fine. If you can't get your annotations out of the device what's the use of making them anyway.
4. Dictionaries: The non English dictionaries are too limited and restricted in their usability. If this is a question of legal rights I for one would like to pay extra for high quality dictionaries with no user restrictions.
5. Pictures: For epubs with pictures, drawings and statistics, a zoom function is indispensable.