View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 10:09 PM   #15664
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I'm now a goodly portion through A Town Like Alice by Neville Shute. I'm very glad this book was chosen by the book club for February. Although the writing itself doesn't inspire me much, it's very easy to get swept away in the story.
OK - just finished. I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. The writing felt a little simplistic at times, but the story itself is wonderful. It certainly feels like that sweeping Australian drama/romance that lends itself to the movie and mini-series that was made. I actually haven't watched either of them, but I may now that I've read this book. I found myself quite often carried away in the story.

Now I'm reading an indie work, Untimed by Andy Gavin. I don't know if any of you are or were gamers, but this is the guy that created the games Crash Bandicoot and Jak & Dakster. He's obviously decided to start writing novels and he has two published so far. This one is a young adult, clockpunk offering.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote