View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #18
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, PRS-T1
I think you are mistaken my view with someone else. It is true that I see faults in the format.

I don't mind people making books specifically for iBooks, just don't call them ePUB, since they are not. I also have no objection to ePUB3 books, as I stated before I do see some usage in them for specific types of books.

However, what I do object about that instead of looking to the problems there were with the old version and fix those, they listened too closely to Apple and Co and were too eager to put in all kind of stuff with regards to multimedia. There were already enough possibilities for those (called apps...).
The addition of Javascript sounds nice on the surface, but if you think about it. Remember the time when javascript was just new for websites? Remember how it looked then?
The format itself is definitly not perfect and will create a lot of problems, especially with the interpretation of it. I am far from conservative, but I do object to progress in the name of progress. It must add something useful and in my book audio/video/scripting is not.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote