Originally Posted by Booxtor
you are not supposed to press reset and power button at the same time.
Reset - just to be sure the device has been switched off.
Dont connect it to PC or walcharger - we have to know how the blue led at power on behave
- either blinks three time or no blue led at all - battery is empty and possibly too empty - must be either charged or replaced (if charging does not work, don't throw the battery away - we can revive it for you).
- blue led goes on for ca. 10 seconds, but the screen keeps to be frozen - the screen is most likely defective and the device must to service.
Don't try to press all those buttons at the same time - it will not work. I know only two combinations: [ok + power] - starts update. ["-" + power] - sets the device in service mode (don't do that)
OK. I opened the device, disconnected the battery then re-connected. Screen frozen throughout.
1) With the unit disconnected, pressing the power button, I get no LED at all.
2) 'ok + power' -- is 'ok' the reset? I don't know another button. If so, that doesn't do anything.
3) If '-' + power is bad, well, I already tried that one because someone on these forums recommended it as a 'hard reset.'
I have to add that I had a hard time getting the back panel on correctly. It still isn't quite right, but I'm afraid of messing with it too much.
Sorry for all the bother and thanks to all for all the help. Believe me, I wish something was working.