View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 12:30 AM   #43
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
And here I thought I was mixing "A good day to die" (a Crazy Horse miss-quote) and "Die Hard" (movie title) to get "A Good Day to Die Hard". I'll have to see what the move is.

Spoiler:
Quote:
In Black Elk Speaks, recounting the Battle of the Little Bighorn described the warriors under Crazy Horse: "...off toward the west and north they were yelling " Hokahey!" like a big wind roaring, and making the tremolo; and you could hear eagle bone whistles screaming." "Hokahey" is simply an exclamation to draw attention, similar to a coach saying, "lets do it!" In all probability Crazy Horse never said, "Today is a good day to die," that is the English bastardization of a common Sioux battle-cry of, "Nake nula wauŋ welo!" This phrase really means, "I am ready for whatever comes." It was meant to show the warriors were not afraid of the battle or dying in it. So... Crazy Horse probably shouted, "Hokahey! Nake nula wauŋ welo!"

P.S. The book Black Elk Speaks was pretty good.
dreams is online now   Reply With Quote