Thread: Touch Power code regression?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #42
Shai-Hulud
Silicon Book Worm
Shai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutant_matt View Post
Seeing as the main goal is to "just use it for reading" (a goal I am sure is the main importance to all of us), I know it's not the answer, but, if it seems that never powering off is the workaround, why not use that, and live with the fact that the power off mode might never get fixed.
Because if you read through again you'll see that whilst this strategy might work for my Father (Old Kobo Touch), with the new Touch/Glo firmware this simply doesn't work for me (max 112 hours in sleep)

The only thing that will prolong battery life is explicitly powering off the device manually, but I'd rather they fixed the power bug so it operates as it should
Shai-Hulud is offline   Reply With Quote