The current version of BookCreator 3.5 now works with calibre 0.6
- Combined eBook Creation dialog to just one.
- Added support for eReader, PDF, ePUB, LIT,
- More styles.
- Batch creation of eBooks.
- Works with Calibre .6+
- Support for MS Word 2007 and later
- Dropped support for IMP file creation.
- Windows XP or later
- MS Word 2003 or later
- Calibre 0.6 or later
For MS WORD 2007 and higher users download the BookCreator 2007.zip file.
For MS WORD 2003 and lower download the BookCreator_2003_v3.5.02.zip file.
For MS Word 2003 users, if you are getting a "VB Run time error 5981" update to the latest version of BC.
for more detail on the 3.5 update.
Is an eBook creator tool. This tool is an MS Word template with VBScript code, the tools is designed to optimize and simplifying the book creation process.
Since this tool is an MS Word template, one can take advantage of all of the editing rich features provided by MS Word for editing and creating an eBook. In addition the template provides a set of editing tools, formatting features, and Styles to simplify the eBook creation process.
I've converted two books from beginning to end with this tool.
"Call of the wild", by Jack London
"Laws of Success Lession 3" by Napoleon Hill
The "Call of the Wild" took me 5min tops to create from beginning to end. That is pulling down the data from Project Gutenberg to a Final LRF. In the past this process would have taken me on an average of 1/2 hour per PG book.
The "Law of Success Lesson 3" took me 1/2 hour this includes the whole time spent. From converting it from a PDF to the final product LRF. Prior to BookCreator.dot
this same file took me 4 hours to convert a PDF to LRF.
NOTE: Book links have been removed to remove the clutter. Only attachments to the tool is left.
Creating eBooks from an MSWord Document
- Updates BookTilte/Author properties with one button click
- Inserts a Table of Content with one button click
- Chapter detection one button click
- Smart Word Wrap fix
- Page Break one button click
- Default Styles (Title/Sub Title/Verse/etc..)
- Remove extra paragraph breaks.
- Text Editing tools
- Fixed em-dash (converts -- to em-dash)
- Italic converter, converts txt with underscore _My Text_ to italics
- Smart Italic converter, converts txt in ALL CAPS to italics (only converts "_1 Text" styled fonts)
- Removes leading white space
- Converts ASCII carriage return and/or line feeds to Microsoft Word paragraph type. This elevates some of the edit problem that arises when editing.
- LRF: Create an LRF eBook (Requires calibre )
- ePUB: Create ePUB (Requires calibre)
- MOBI: Create MOBI eBooks (requires calibre)
- LIT: Create LIT eBooks (requires calibre)
- PDB: Create eReader (PDB) eBooks (requires calibre)
- PDF: Create PDF eBooks (requires calibre)
- Save directly to your ereader (SONY/Kindle/Pocket Pro) just add the correct path (Device must support USB mass storage)
Since BookCreator now creates (LRF/ePUB/MOBI) from the GUI the conversion section was removed and reposted see "Converting a MSWord document
" for additional ways to convert BookCreator to an eBook.
BookCreator_v3.0.zip(185 KB, 2500 views)
BookCreator_v2.6.1.zip (246.0 KB, 1199 views)
BookCreator_v2.5.2.zip (226.1 KB, 460 views)