View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #10
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
National security is always a sticky area. Just saying, there's some areas where we're less than a heartbeat away from a disaster worse than 9/11. Most of those are close to the border.

Then there's also the issue that Probable Cause in court is vastly different from reasonable suspicion outside of one. I could reasonably suspect that someone has the plans for an attack on (for example) an oil refinery, but I can't pick them up unless they do something that gives me Probable Cause. And by the time I get that, they could've already gone and done the deed.

This isn't always about a few bootlegged PDfs, MP3s, and MKVs, y'know.
It's exactly this sort of thinking that facilitates government overreach. As soon as someone questions something like the current (massively wasteful) security measures at airports, someone else will scream 9/11, and all arguments about whether it's actually a good idea cease. This sort of argument is barely above the level of "well, if you have nothing to hide..."
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote