View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 03:30 AM   #32
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle Paperwhite 2
The PocketBook Basic New looks nice, it's not touch at all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha0iEsN2Qnw

I've noticed that while I'm reading on the 505 I run my thumb down the centre of the screen to limit my eye fixations. If I did this with a touch ereader, would I be highlighting the text? That would be really annoying. Can you turn off touch screens?

I've also been wondering how the wi-fi works. Is it like a mobile phone, or like household internet connection? If the latter, I wouldn't be able to use it because my internet is all wired (I use a homeplug to get the internet in different rooms). This would be an advantage because it would mean that I'd READ rather than browsing the web while I'm using the ereader.

I've been looking into the accessories for the T2. Sony want a fortune for the charger. The charger for my 505 won't work because the 505 has a round port, not a mini usb for the charger. It does have a mini usb port for charging from the pc and for sideloading books. I have a mini-usb charger for an mp3 player, but it's only 5V; would this charge the T2? I hope this makes sense.

Also, can I sideload books onto the T2?
Thanks.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote