View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #138
jclim00
jclim00 is a marvel to beholdjclim00 is a marvel to beholdjclim00 is a marvel to beholdjclim00 is a marvel to beholdjclim00 is a marvel to beholdjclim00 is a marvel to beholdjclim00 is a marvel to beholdjclim00 is a marvel to beholdjclim00 is a marvel to beholdjclim00 is a marvel to beholdjclim00 is a marvel to behold

Device: Nook Touch, Kobo Glo
Attachment 101087
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethany7 View Post
Hi,

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I am having some issues with getting the fonts to change. I have downloaded a selection from the sticky in this forum, have my folder named "fonts" etc. The fonts show up, but when I change to them, I see no difference. I can successfully change to any of the built in fonts, which makes me think that there are not embedded fonts in the ePub files (I have tried a number of them). I have not edited any of the font names from what was provided in the sticky's files. I am really confused! Any help would be hugely appreciated!

EDIT - Never mind, fixed itself after a restart!

Thanks,
Bethany
Yeah, I've found that you have to restart every time you add new fonts.

I've modified (slightly weighter) versions of these fonts, they all look great at smaller sizes maybe with the exception of Chaparral, it's got a pretty small x-height.

Chaparral Pro
ITC Stone Informal Std
Minion Pro
Sabon LT Std
FF Clifford Nine
FF Tisa Pro

FF Tisa is my favorite at the moment, it's similar to PMN Caecilia but slightly narrower and with letters a bit more spaced. Very pleasant to read with.

All fonts are properly renamed, just drop it in your fonts folder.

edit: I've removed the fonts for now.

Last edited by jclim00; 02-12-2013 at 03:11 PM.
jclim00 is offline   Reply With Quote