View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #90
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontaylor7 View Post
I have so been there. Love the new word.
I think it's a great idea. In an ideal world. In our world? Not so sure. I'd offer it to them with a request they release the ebook within 30 days. If they ignore you, you should still be reluctant to self-publish (e.g., upload to some semi-illegal website in places like russia), but nobody would stop you IMO.
I've "found" the text on the internet and extracted it from the book into a plain file. I could have typed the book into the computer myself using my own hardcover as a source, but this was faster. Now I'm reassembling the the text into an eBook for my own personal use. In the Netherlands, this is completely allowed as I can make copies for personal use any way I want, provided I own a legitimate copy. I may not give those copies away of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontaylor7 View Post
Is the author alive? They should be the person who decides, ideally.
The author is not alive anymore. The original text was published in 1892, but the English translation is from 1981. Therefore the English text is not yet out of copyright. I'm not going to publish or upload anything. I just want this book foor myself.

I could read the hardcover of course, but that's a huge book, with very small print.

And I can provide a current picture of the real book on request

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-09-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote