View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 03:34 AM   #306
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
I'm going to try this one:

http://tinyurl.com/b7kbfnk

(In a few other listings, this case is said to have auto-wake and sleep.)
The listing doesn't actually advertise the auto wake/sleep. Only because it has a magnetic closure (Praktischer Magnetverschluss) doesn't mean it is in the right spot to activate the sleep funtion. Could not find the reviews you were refering to.

Quote:
I've also considered this one:

http://tinyurl.com/aejg3xd

However, it seems the Touch will also fit the case, and that reader is both bigger and fatter than the Paperwhite. When you look closely at the pictures, especially nr. 6 in the list, you can actually see folds in the case's side. I think this case was originally designed for the Touch, and the PW just happens to somewhat fit.
All pictures in that listing are fake. None of the Kindles in there are actually Paperwhites. Picture #5 is a Touch (apparently, they did not even try to hide it). Picture #3 and #4 are Touches - in #4 you can see how a Touch is supposed to look like with usb, unused hole, 3.5mm audio plug, led, power button. #1, #2, and #6 are Touches with photoshopped Paperwhite front. They are not even replaced by a real Paperwhite front, but appear to simply have gotten a darker front and a "kindle" in the spot there the home-button on a Touch is. Why do I think that? The Touch does have a silver front, but the inside of the bevel (where it touches the screen) is black plastic, a seperate piece that leaves a visible gap/line between the silver and the black. Whereas the Paperwhite front is one solid piece of black plastic in the front until it reaches the rubbery trim around the outside of the PW. Also none of the pictures show the Paperwhite usb-plug - led - power button, even the pictures that show both - the "Paperwhite" front and the ports at the same time.

So I would be careful with both cases. The one might not have the wake-magnet, and the other might be a case for the Touch.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote