View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 01:08 AM   #8
theinfamousj
Groupie
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (pink back)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
From the discussion in a couple of threads I got the impression that the general consensus is that putting the reader to sleep is preferable to powering off. As a newbie, I was assuming the opposite was true: can anyone please confirm that keeping the device always on sleep depletes power less than a power off?

/I though about asking the question in one of the threads I mentioned, but perhaps a new thread may help other newbies when they search.
I tested this on my Kobo, and in all cases of leaving the Kobo for more than 30 minutes (which is all I tested; from a half hour of non use to 15 days of non use) a power off resulted in longer battery life. It appears that sleep's main purpose is to reduce the annoyance you feel at the slowness of the boot up if you are impatient to return to your book.

I have a Kobo Wifi. Results may be different for different models.
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote