View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #32
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
So you are saying that Dell's problem is that their computers are too reliable and don't need replacing? Or that even the low-end range of their computers was reliable enough to not need to upgrade to more expensive? I really doubt that the profit margin is any different on their low end and high end models.
I don't think reliability hurt them; I was just pointing out that lack of reliability was not their problem.

And, yeah, I think that there is much less profit at the low end. Even if the margin is the same (and I'm not sure that it is), you will make more *profit* on an expensive machine as opposed to a low end machine. This would be similar to the problem that netbook makers had - they sold a lot of machines but made very little profit in doing so because there's just not much left when you're selling a product so cheaply.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote