Thread: Tutorial Block Big Brother
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #8
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Too late to night for checking on that, but . . . .

The following is for the case of two buttons, ON and OFF -
  • Each function is a single command line.
  • Each may be applied multiple times: (ON, ON, ON ...) or (OFF, OFF, OFF ...) without harm or change in behavior.
  • The usability (and functionality) of the firewall now allows the user more freedom.
  • Rules have to be "ordered" - this is organized so that to open a service "hole" - that rule can always be added as rule #1 in the input chain of the filter.
  • Closing a service "hole" is done by removing the "exact matching" rule.
  • No protection (yet) from starting multiple instances of the same service (intentional or by accident) - that will come in a later revision.

I will try to get my K3 as upto date with current customizations as I have my Kpw and test out the 3G stuff - but as of this release, it is the same functionality that was in the "stock" firewall.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote