Thread: Touch .kepub.epub
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #88
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
I only set the kobo tags on p and h? elements. I'm not aware of the tags needing to be anywhere else. If I'm wrong, a bug report would be appreciated so I can correct the issue.
It is not a bug report. Since I do not use calibre and therefore also not your plugin I have of course not experienced any bugs. I just would like to share some thoughts. I have observed in some kobo preview files that there are also kobo tags at the end of sentences, provided they are not at the end of a paragraph and so on, increasing thereby the second index. In some books the kobo tags are also set whenever there is a style tag. The purpose of this, so I guess, is to prevent that the distance between kobo tags becomes to large. I asked myself: How much distance is to much? My next guess is that at each screen page there should at least be one kobo tag. I believe that the kobo remembers the kobo id of the last opened page without using any offset. If there is no kobo tag at the last openened page (because there is a very long paragraph or the user uses a very large font size) the device is unable to open the book at the correct page the next time.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote