View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #135
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
Couldn't they keep the same aspect ratio but at something like 1680x1260? The same retina apps would work, but be scaled down.
I'm no hardware expert, but I fear this is not technologically possible, or at least not easily. And, seeing the current iPad 3+'s resolution on an iPad mini would be so spectacular, that I wish Apple would just go for it. The very high price tag of $330 for iPad mini would then be justified at long last. I don't wish to see any "half-arsed compromises" in this regard, if they can be avoided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
Just wondering how difficult it would be to power such a high density screen without adding weight as the xconomy article author speculated.
Right... I would accept a slightly increased weight for the privilege of being able to look at a Retina screen. After all, iPad 3+ is slightly heavier than iPad 2, but the difference in weight pales in comparison to the superiority of the display. It's a good trade-off.

I'm OK with waiting until October myself. We lived without any iPads for decades, so I can certainly live without an iPad mini for another half-year or so. I wish they would move all iPad releases to October of each year only, just like you know you can expect a new iPhone release whenever the fall comes around. So, my hope is Apple released iPad 4 in the fall of last year, precisely because that's the intended new release cycle for iPads. In other words, I wish they would skip all spring or summer release dates for iPads from now on.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote