View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #3
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
It's not a simple question.

I think most people would agree that if you're not using the device for a significantly long period, like until the next day, powering it OFF would save more battery. Some people have made the case that putting it in sleep mode if you're powering up more frequently can consume less power than turning it on and off since booting up from the OFF state seems to consume a fair amount of power each time.

The other issue that some(only a few that I've noted posting) seem to be suffering from is that it appears that with certain side loaded epubs the reader can consume a significant amount of power if left in sleep mode reducing battery life to 48-60 hours or so. There may be more to it than that, and I haven't experienced this personally, but there is a current thread devoted to investigating the issue. I believe the current theory is that some epubs may be badly formed and somehow that's causing the reader to keep processing them or not enter sleep mode completely and draw more power. It's mostly pure conjecture as to what is happening so far, but interesting. It's also possible that this may not be an issue for everyone, and certainly appears to only be an issue with certain epubs.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote