Thread: Touch .kepub.epub
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #79
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
A lot of epubs from the Gutenberg project have a declaration for h1-6 in the css file. If they are to be centered this is declared there via the align attribute (deprecated since at least HTML 4.01). The kepub rendering engine does honor these declarations. At least, I can say this about my KT (FW 2.3.1). So it seems that the rendering engines for epubs and kepubs use different default values for h1-h6 if there is no declaration. (I am supposing here that your epubs don't have this declaration)

kobo1.1 and so on are actually unique identifiers (rather than classes) that go easily into the hundreds. So it is no real surprise that there is no corresponding declaration in the css file. (Edit: I seems that in some books (or only in books from Rakuten?) there is also a class defined (class="koboSpan").)
I'll try to explain better myself. My epub, previous to using the plugin, had no class with that name. I don't know if it's added by the plugin or by the FW. And no h? here. As it comes from an edited calibre conversion, there's a special class for chapter title paragraphs, but no header.

And that same file, if I rename it as epub, renders ok the chapter paragraphs.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote