My two cases arrived this week: one from googleproduct in black and the other from La Poueze in indigo. Thought I'd share some pictures of them, side by side.
A few thoughts:
- the googleproduct case smells really bad, I should leave it outside for a while
- it also doesn't close properly, though I think using it regularly would mold it to the PW
- the PW pops into both cases easily and it's not that hard to take out (after paring the inside edges of the googleproduct case as many of you advised)
- the googleproduct case with the PW inside is much heavier than the La Poueze + Kindle
- auto wake / sleep is good on both cases
- overall the La Poueze is slimmer, lighter and more compact, and with a bit of work it even fits into the Amazon Zip Sleeve
- on the other hand, the La Poueze is almost 30$, which is not that cheaper than the official case. I decided to order it because the Amazon case would have cost 68$ for me because of added tax and delivery, so overall this case was much cheaper for me.
Even with ordering both cases I spent less than the official case. I think I'll use the La Poueze as my main case, and I'll keep the other one just in case.
Last edited by kledor; 02-08-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Reason: Sorry for the pic quality, I only have my phone with me.