View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 04:11 AM   #1
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim, PRS350/650, Nook Glow, PB Touch Lux 623
Don't want to have to register the reader

Since I remove the DRM from any books I buy, I don't want to bother with registering a reader and having to connect it to the bookstore via WiFi or the computer.

For example, I've had 3 different Sony readers, and after the first one, I never bothered to register them with Sony. I move liberated ebooks to it or an SD card using Calibre.

I was at B&N looking at a Touch Glow. But the person in the store said you can not use it until it's registered - and the registration HAS to be completed via WiFi.

I was looking on Kobo's page about its Glo, and it reads the same, except it must be done via USB cable (you have to set it up using the Reader Desktop software?) Is that true, or do they just say that because they assume everyone wants/needs to register? Does anyone use their Kobo by sideloading DRM-free books exclusively without ever registering it or connecting to the Kobo servers?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote