View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 04:28 AM   #372
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
I would just let you know what I'm working on.
I definitely removed the rename script so komic now reads every file name. This should also let us use any type of image extension (jpg, png, gif....)!
As a result, we have to wait approximately 5 seconds after the comic choice: this time is needed to create the new list of files and update the JS script.

Another plus of this is that we don't need to count pages on startup.

I moved the decompress script inside komic as well as the move screenshots.
I plan to run the move screenshot after actually having taken a screenshot.

I won't include the check and download updates in next release: it relies on this thread and on mediafire and it is highly probably it fails if anything is changed.

In the end, the extension will have only the run script!

I tried to remove all memory leakage and I added a function to free some memory every 15 pages. I tried this with the automatic page turner and it proved to work fine (no crashes). BTW, the memory management is directly connected to the file size, so, as always, light images are the best choice.

I can now provide a page refresh function: you can choose the amount of pages between a full refresh of the screen and another.

Finally, I did my best to cut every unneeded part of code and to optimize the rest: I'm currently doing "labor limae" on the whole application.

Last things I plan to do are:
- check if I can provide pinch to zoom (it worked before 5.3.2!)
- remove the time delay between page turn and the application of contrast settings
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote