View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #21
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Good point, yes. I use my iPad for that, but a Windows 8 tablet is definitely on the near horizon for me, and that would be something I'd use it for.
Harry, I must tell you that I found my Windows 8 tablet extremely disappointing. So many things about it are either badly designed or simply don't work. I've almost given it up, except for a very small number of things at which it excels (reading magazines like The Economist being one of them).

I was tossing up whether to get an iPad or a Windows 8 system. I veered away from the iPad because I dislike the whole Apple closed-shop environment. But I'm half-way to wishing I had gone that route after all.

Of course, the problem could be with the particular model I've got (an HP Envy). Maybe other incarnations are better. If you decide to get one yourself, I'd be really interested in hearing your views.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote