View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. H2O
When I bought my Glo, I created a brand-new Kobo account for device registration only and have never bought anything on it. After registering the device, you can delete the Kobo app from your desktop and/or turn off wireless. You can turn off the social networking features. I remove DRM before side-loading, so I don't have the device registered with ADE. The only thing I do need to do this is a computer.

I have never experienced any of the firmware bugs mentioned by Danger.

A Sony T2 would behave in a similar manner as the Kobo, I believe. I seem to recall needing to register my T1 device with the Sony desktop initially, but maybe that has changed.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote