View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #69
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Does the fact that the Apollo astronauts left a mirror on the moon surface, which you can use to measure the Earth-Moon distance by firing a laser to it and measuring the time it takes to come back, alter your doubts in any way?
Nope, not at all. I believe there is 3 mirrors, not just one. Was the first moon landing not supposed to have happened on the far side of the moon - the side that faces away from the earth? If so, how they make it to the visible part. The mirrors might have shown up in later missions. And only because something put the mirrors up there does not mean that somebody (as in human) put them up there. Also if my memory serves right, normal civilians did not have access to equipment to verify the existance of the mirrors.

I believe the timing for the very first landing was politically critical, and after it was "archieved", NASA could have taken their time to properly prepare for it in the repeats. I probably should not have said "undecided", as I am not looking to decide either way. To cover up a fake, by repeating it non-faked afterwards is pretty convincing - both ways. One camp will say: HA, told you so, it was faked, so they had to redo it for real this time. The other camp will say: HA, if this one wasn't faked, why should they have bothered to fake it the very first time?

To clarify: I am not saying EVERY moon landing was a fake, but that there is a chance that the first one was a fake just to stick it to Russia.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote