View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
BookBunny
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏'\(⊙ ヮ⊙ )
BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Glo™
Kobo Glo questions..

Hi!

I'm trying to find a nice e-reader and I've more or less singled down the choice to a Kobo Glo, but I can't really find answers to a bunch of my questions. Can someone here answer me these?

Let's start with the dealbreaker: is the Kobo riddled with BS like the Kindle? I just want a device that I can turn on and read my books. No online nonsense, no accounts, forced sign-up/registering, logins, cloud storage, tethering, binding to a single PC, needing a PC to even use/start/setup the thing, library programs that have to sync, blocked content from competitors, facebook/twitter/myspace integration or similar crap.

* Can I just insert a SD card and read the files from it or is the SD slot just expandable memory that's added to the normal 2GB and has to be filled over USB?

* Can the device function like a normal USB drive? Just plug it in and put files on it?

* Can I save multiple bookmarks? Bookmarks with a note would be even better. If yes, does this work on all formats? How about annotations?

* Do images display more like the left or right one? AFAIK Kobo does 16 degrees of grey. (left is indexed, then b/w, right is b/w, then indexed)

Thanks!

/edit: Oh yeah this is in this section because alternative suggestions are welcome too!
BookBunny is offline   Reply With Quote