View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #168
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I bought myself a Nook ST Glowlight right before Christmas, and have now bought two more - one for my gym bag, and one for my husband. One refurb off eBay ($89), two refurb from Fry's online ($79 each), no problems with any of them.

And, no, I will never go back to a non-backlit e-ink device.

Prior to this my main reading device was my Android phone, precisely because it was backlit. But with the phone I always worried about running out of battery before the end of the day, and not being able to actually use it as a phone if I needed to. I still read a lot on the phone since it stays in my pocket and is handy for standing in line and other times I don't have the Nook with me. But I mostly read now on the Nooks.

I especially love that I can put the Glowlight on just a bit, almost undetectably, just to improve things when in low light, and also that I can turn it off completely if the ambient light is good.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote