Mantano Cloud is mostly broken...
I have been trying to make the mantano could work for last two weeks to share annotations. I tried it with various tablets and also with the Chrome extensions. Here are my observations:
1. The design of the cloud interface is nice.
2. I tried to upload files to the cloud from my nexus 7, after finishing the upload, I could not open the books in the nexus 7, it said unknown error and something in the tune of "The files are still not uploaded to the cloud and cannot be opened"
3. Tried a different approach! downloaded the chrome extension and tried to upload a book to the cloud directly. The idea was to first put in the cloud and then get it to the device. In chrome version 24.0.1312.56 m, it just hung saying that the file is uploading... On the cloud, the file shows up but says that it is not uploaded (with a -1 in the page number)
4. Tried sending support queries to the developer in the past, usually you get some response after a week!
May I suggest doing something simple that works! I am willing to pay the usual $1.00 per month to share annotations only if it works!
1. Put a upload file link on cloud.mantano.com, this is the simplest way to upload. Your chrome extension does not work for me(see above)
2. Put the annotations file in xhml format in the device where the user is reading. That way if your cloud fails to work, I can just get the xml file to my machine and see in the browser.
Anything else on the market that is better? I like the reader, only thing seems to be broken is the cloud.