View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #167
patrickt
Evangelist
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Basic
I've had my Paperwhite for one week and am still adjusting to the touch screen. My Kindle Keyboard was killed a couple of months ago but my Kindle Basic is sitting on the nightstand neglected. I can scarcely stand to read a book on it and two weeks ago it was great.

A friend of mine complains about her Paperwhite. Fuzzy letters, shadows. She insists my Paperwhite is much better than hers. I put them side by side and listened to her whine. Then I put the same font on both and the same light intensity. For me they were identical. For my friend, they were totally different and mine was superior. I offered to swap but the offer was rejected.

I think the Paperwhite is the state-of-the-art for e-ink readers. For now, I would not buy an e-reader that wasn't front lit.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote